The title of this article almost seems self evident, yet for the good practice of citation, here are a few links that show that a clean home environment reduces stress levels and boosts feelings of self worth. As sunlight streams quietly in through your windows, it brings with it some seemingly magical, but entirely factual benefits.
- Sunlight is recognized as a natural disinfectant and reduces the production of harmful bacteria and organisms that can grow in any home.
- Sunlight increases your vitamin B and D levels.
- Studies have shown that patients with comparable conditions in rooms bereft of sunlight recover slower than patients in rooms aglow with sunlight.
- Natural light is terrific for a healthy complexion.
- Ultraviolet rays from sunlight are naturally antiseptic.
- Sunlight stimulates a healthy appetite and improves digestion. Sunlight boosts your red and white blood cell counts and improves circulation.
- Sunlight strengthens your imune system.
- Sunlight increases endorphins and serotonin, boosting your mood and reducing stress levels.
- Exposure to sunlight during the day helps you to sleep better at night.
- Sunlight helps to balance your hormones.
- Sunlight boosts your energy and strengthens the functions of your organs.
- Sunlight asists in regulating a healthy metabolism.
In Ballarat, we are quite familiar with the “winter blues” and I have personally observed when cleaning windows down the street that people often say a happy “Hello” as they pass by when the weather is pleasant, or at the least, the sun is shining. But when the weather is gloomy, people rarely engage in such pleasantries as they pass. The clinical term for the “winter blues” is Seasonal Affective Disorder, or, ironically, SAD. Now whilst we cannot expect to have sunny days year round in Ballarat, a city famous for being built under a cloud, we can make the most of the sunlight that we do get. Ballarat Cleaning Specialists can help you by taking a couple of household maintenance chores off your to-do list. Get your free quote instantly here and check out this article regarding why you should have your carpets cleaned even if they don’t look dirty. For general cleaning, which we do not offer as a service, we recommend Handy Girl Australia, a Ballarat based business that provide top quality property maintenance and cleaning services. Back to sunlight, one of the most common comments that we hear when we clean the windows in someone’s home is “Wow, I didn’t realize how dirty they were! The room looks so much brighter now!” In a similar way to the bright, endorphin releasing joy that we experience with a freshly painted room or a shiny new car, having your windows cleaned will make you feel better, even if you didn’t know you needed to feel better! It makes your home seem newer, cared for and welcoming. Even if you don’t want to pay to have your windows cleaned, this still holds true. Try cleaning even just a few windows in your kitchen or living area, you will be surprised by the difference!